REFER TO THE SUPPLEMENTAL DIAGRAM
- 1 = a promyelocyte which has a more basophilic cytoplasm than the one in slide 7-22. Its nucleus is very euchromatic and the cytoplasmic azurophilic granules are quite evident.
- 2 and 3 = neutrophilic myelocytes (2 - early one). Note their more heterochromatic nuclei, lack of cytoplasmic basophilia and few azurophilic granules.
- 4 and 5 = neutrophilic metamyeolcytes.
- 6 = an almost mature PMN (neutrophil),
- 7 and 8 = normoblasts of the red cell maturation series.